Keeping everyone safe @ West Shore Ortho
While keeping our patients safe has always been our upmost priority, we’ve taken things to the next level and made some changes to our office protocols and procedures. We really care about our patients and their families, which is why we’ve modified West Shore Orthodontics to emerge from this crisis and provide treatment in a safe and comfortable manner.
Here is a summary of the changes:
1) Pre-appointment screenings. 24-48 hours prior to each scheduled appointment, you will receive an electronic health questionnaire. In order to limit the risk to our staff, our patients, and to our community, we will require all patients to accurately complete this form. Anyone who has been feeling unwell will need to reschedule their appointment to a later date.
- Additionally, all team members will be asked the same questions each day
2) Hand hygiene has been identified as one of the most important ways of stopping the spread of this new virus. As a result, upon entry to the clinic, each person will be required to wash their hands. To facilitate this, our beverage station has been transformed into the new hand washing station!
- Upon exit, we encourage everyone to once again wash your hands using one of our many sinks.
3) We’re eliminating as much paper as possible
- Appointment cards will now be sent digitally.
- Our popular W$O rewards program will continue but all points will be kept track of electronically in the patient’s chart instead of with the swipe card.
4) We’ve taken social distancing seriously!
- Being a smaller and locally owned office, we’ve always enjoyed socializing with and getting to know our patients. This will continue, but from an increased physical distance.
- In order to minimize overlap of patients in the office, and allow for additional cleaning of all surfaces, we’ve added extra time to each appointment.
- We are also asking patients not to arrive more than 5 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment time.
5) Acrylic barriers will be present in our reception and consult rooms.
6) All magazines and pamphlets have been removed from the waiting area.
7) Unfortunately, we’ve closed off our dedicated kids’ area and have deemed our popular iPads and Nintendo Switch stations out of bounds.
8) To limit the number of people who are coming into the office, we are requesting that only 1 family member accompany our young patients to their appointment.
- While we enjoy getting to know the whole family, please consider leaving other children who do not have an appointment at home if possible.
- We are requesting that parents/guardians remain in the waiting room during appointments whenever possible.
9) Anyone attending the office who will not be going directly into a dental chair (parent/guardian, or anyone attending a non clinical appointment) will be asked to wear a mask.
- In order to conserve PPE, which is in high demand around the world, we ask that you BYOM if possible.
- If you do not have a mask of your own, we will provide one.
10) To reduce traffic at our brushing station, we’re requesting all patients to thoroughly brush their teeth at home prior to their appointment.
11) New personal protection equipment like face shields, scrubs and enhanced masks will be worn by our clinical team members when any aerosol generating procedures are performed.
12) Reduction or elimination of airborne aerosols with high volume evacuation (HVE) during aerosol producing procedures.
13) Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, chairs, doorknobs and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
14) Enhanced clinic disinfection procedures are performed after all appointments.
We understand that the pandemic has been a challenging and overwhelming time. We thank you for your patience as we do our best to provide you with the high-quality and dedicated care that we’ve become known for. With that in mind, let’s face this situation with knowledge, collaboration and a positive spirit!
We can’t wait to see you soon!
Dr. Evan Ayers and the team at West Shore Orthodontics